Brazilian Butt Lift Chicago Il
Gluteal Fat Grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift)
A Brazilian buttock lift is a cosmetic procedure used to improve the appearance of the buttocks. In this surgery, the doctor removes excess fat from another body of the body and uses it to lift and contour the buttocks.
Candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift
You may choose to have a buttock lift if:
- Your buttocks are sagging or flat due to aging, genetics, or weight loss.
- You wish to boost your self-esteem and improve your body image.
- You are in relatively good health.
- You have a stable body weight.
You first meet with the plastic surgeon to discuss your expected outcome, desired look, and goals for surgery. In the initial consultation, the doctor will:
- Review your medical history – This involves questions about your current health status, past medical conditions and surgeries, medications you take, and diet habits.
- Do a physical examination – To assure you are fit for surgery, the doctor will conduct a physical exam and take some photos of you for your medical file. This may involve some preoperative blood work and EKG testing.
To prepare for a Brazilian butt lift, you will need to:
- Avoid certain medications – Any drug that thins the blood must be held for several days before surgery.
- Adjust lifestyle – You must avoid smoking for 6 weeks, and should not drink any alcohol for several days before surgery. To promote wound healing, you need to eat a high-protein low-sodium diet, as well as foods rich in vitamins and nutrients (fruits, vegetables, and healthy grains).
- Arrange for help during recovery – You will need to take off 2 weeks from work, arrange to have someone watch small children, have someone available who can drive you home from the procedure, and arrange to have help for the first 2 days after surgery.
During the Procedure
During the Brazilian butt lift surgery, you will be under general anesthesia, so you will have no pain or memory of the procedure. After the surgical areas are cleaned with an anesthetic, the skin and deeper tissues are also numbed with a local anesthetic, which provides postoperative pain relief. Liposuction is used to remove fat from another part of the body (such as thighs or abdomen).
After the tissue is processed in the laboratory, the surgeon can inject or insert it into the buttocks for shaping. Small incisions are made around the buttocks so the surgeon can remove excess skin and pull up the underlying tissues, which are secured with suturing techniques. After all changes are made, drains are placed near incisions, and incisions are closed with sutures.
After the Brazilian Butt Lift
After your buttock lift, you will bandages and a compression dressing. Many women prefer to buy special Brazilian Butt Lift compression garments online before the surgery. This is a great idea but make sure you check with your surgeon to ensure you are buying the correct one.
You will be monitored in the recovery area for about an hour before being discharged home. The supportive garment must be worn for 4 weeks, and you must avoid any strenuous activities. In addition, don’t perform any exercises that could put stress on the healing incisions. Pressure is the worst enemy of the transferred fat. Therefore it is very important to not lay directly on the buttocks for 3 weeks. This means laying on the abdomen or on the side.
After 3-7 days, you will return to the surgeon’s office so sutures and bandages can be removed. You cannot soak in tub, swim, or go in a sauna until all wounds have healed. To prevent complications, you are encouraged to move about your home, and you need to use a donut cushion to relieve pressure from the healing buttocks.
Harrison D & Selvaggi G (2007). Gluteal augmentation surgery: indications and surgical management. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 60(8), 922-928.