28 Feb Tummy Tuck Surgery 101
If you desire a tummy tuck surgery, here are some essential facts you should know.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is a procedure in which a plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area. The surgery also involves suturing the abdominal muscles to give them a taut and slim appearance. This is an ideal procedure for women that have sagging skin due to pregnancy or extreme weight loss.
Types of Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck can be two types –
- Full Tummy Tuck
A full tummy tuck surgery addresses sagging skin above and below the belly button. Incisions are made around the pubis area and the belly button. The belly button is oved for the best look.
- Mini tummy Tuck
This is done for patients with less sagging skin, below the navel. The incision is made in the pubis area and remains hidden from sight.
Candidates for Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck is good for anyone who:
- has skin that accumulated around the belly button
- has a weak lower abdominal wall
- has low self-esteem due to abdominal size and shape
- has a flabby abdomen due to poor skin elasticity
- does not plan to have any more children
- is in good physical health
- has stretch marks below the belly button
If you’ve been sticking to your diet and exercise routine, but still have difficulty getting rid of extra abdominal skin and fat, a tummy tuck can be the right option for getting the right fit.