Overly large breasts have been linked to the development of physical problems in affected women. Although one can take conservative therapies such as analgesic medication for pain or ointments to address any rashes, these measures manage the issues caused by the large breasts and do not address the root cause of the problem.
Symptoms and Health Issues
The following are issues that may be caused by overly large breasts due to their weight and size:
- Headaches – large breasts have been linked to the development of tension headaches and migraines. A reason for this could be due to the weight of the breasts applying added stressors to the muscles of the upper back, neck, and head.
- Generalized pain – large breasts have been shown to cause pain in the neck, shoulders, and the back. The breasts may also be large enough for the mammary tissue itself to become painful due to the excess weight.
- Grooves in the shoulders – the increased weight of the breasts may not be supported adequately enough by the individual’s bra and this may result in the bra straps causing deep grooves developing in the shoulders of the woman.
- Rashes – persistent rashes and secondary bacterial or fungal infections may occur as a result of large breasts trapping sweat and moisture underneath them.
- Decreased sensation – some women complain of numbness of their breasts themselves due to the increased weight of the tissue. Others may also complain of numbness experienced in their hands and/or fingers and this may occur as a result of nerve pathways becoming compressed due to the large breasts resulting in a poor posture of the affected individual.
- Shortness of breath – Excess weight from breasts can compress the chest, especially when lying down at night and this can cause the person to experience shortness of breath.
- Decreased ability to exercise – the weight from overly large breasts can make physical exertion challenging and this can affect the person’s ability to exercise, perform daily chores, and can even affect social interaction with others.
As mentioned, conservative approaches can be incorporated to help manage the mentioned symptoms such as using pain medication, cold and heat packs to relax muscles, massage and physical therapy to address any stiff and tender areas, as well as using medications for any other issues.
If these conservative approaches are ineffective though, then the affected individual may want to consider having breast reduction surgery performed to help reduce the weight and size of the breast tissue.
Not only does breast reduction surgery address the root cause of any physical issues experienced as a result of overly large breasts, but the long-term benefits are life-changing for those who are already struggling with complications.
The benefits do speak for themselves but those who do experience the complications of large breasts, having breast reduction surgery will help:
- Reduce generalized pain.
- Improve one’s self-confidence.
- Allow one to become physically active again without experiencing neck and back-related issues.
- Allow an affected individual to breathe easier again.
- Reduce further skin-related complications.