24 Aug 13 Essential Facts you need to know about Tummy Tuck
If you want a more fit and toned stomach appearance, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty may be the best option for you. However, before you say yes to the surgery, here are the 10 essential facts you must know.
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Full Tummy Tuck
- Tightens your abdomen from pelvis to ribs
- Addresses extra fat below the belly button
Mini Tummy Tuck
- Treats a modest amount of extra skin and fat below the belly button
- Outpatient procedure that involves smaller incision and requires lesser recovery period
- Shorter scar
Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Removes excess skin in the abdominal region
- Tightens abdominal muscles
- Contours waist line
- Highly effective method to reclaim a toned, fit stomach after weight loss or pregnancy
Other Important Facts
- Average time required for surgery is 2-5 hours.
- Average recovery time is between 2-4 weeks.
- It is a major surgery yet a safe procedure.
- It is important to have realistic expectations because the tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure. It can only tighten loose abdominal muscles and remove excess fat and skin. Knowing what to expect gets you more satisfaction with your results.